THE MONEY MAN is betting on Liverpool to beat Leicester, whose players should have to give back their cars.
With Leicester in utter shambles and sinking fast, how can they save their season?
If only they could hire a manager with the pedigree of a Premier League title to his name. Oh yeah, they just fired one that had that pedigree and more.
What a difference a year makes. When Leicester City won the Premier League title last year, against 5000/1 odds, Claudio Ranieri was the toast of the football world. His accomplishment was nothing short of miraculous and for him to be fired is a disgrace in my opinion. To say Leicester were over-achievers would be the understatement of the century.
They host Liverpool on Monday and things may just get worse for them. Here is why:
– Leicester as mentioned are rudderless and a Foxes win would be a massive slap in the face of Claudio. I just don’t get the motivation to beat Liverpool unless the owner threatens to take away the R1.7-million BMW i8s they were given for wining the Premier title last year.
– Liverpool at least have a manager and a good one in Jurgen Klopp. Liverpool are well rested and he will have taken advantage of that to plan another Leicester defeat.
– Leicester have failed to score a Premier League goal this year and the way they are playing that may continue to the end of the year.
– After a successful African Cup of Nations tournament, Mane is back for Liverpool and this year he has been a massive spark plug for them. He also is well rested and as he goes, so does Liverpool.
– In the Premier League this year, Leicester have one point from a possible 18 (0-5-1) and have conceded 12 goals while not scoring a goal.
Good luck to the Foxes, they surely are going to need it on Monday night.
I am betting R500 for a Liverpool victory which pays R300 plus my stake back.